Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Radio Star



Today was a very adventurous day.
I left home at 8am, and caught two trains to Werribie, where Catherine from Parkinson's Victoria picked me up and drove me to Geelong, a satellite city about an hour and a half's drive from Melbourne.
There we met fellow Y@P member Shane, who lives locally. The three of us were to be interviewed by Greg McHenry on 94.7 FM (The Pulse).
Greg is a very interesting man; a recovered alcoholic who hosts a show called "Road to Recovery", where past guests have included Mental Health, Parents and Friends of Lesbian and Gays and Centre Against Sexual Assault.
We were scheduled to be on air between 11am and noon.
The interview went very well. We talked about Y@P, DBS, the upcoming Unity Walk, and other Parkinson's related matters.
I'm not sure if anyone I know except my sister Diane heard it, but if interested, go to

http://947thepulse.com/programs/roads-to-recovery.html

after Thursday to download the session as a podcast.
Greg asked if I would come back after my surgery to talk about my experiences, so I guess I will be back!


1 comment: